Our Doctors treat Adult and Paediatric
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis
- Nose, Sinus and Respiratory problems
- Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis and Allergic Conjunctivitis)
- Nasal Congestion & Post Nasal Drip
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Skin Allergy
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Urticaria / Angioedema (Skin Hives and Tissue Swelling)
- Contact Dermatitis
We do not deal with:
- Abdominal bloating and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Consultant Dietitian, Gillian McConnell, is an expert in this area. She has regular clinics in Allergy Ireland and she would be delighted to discuss dietary management of these conditions. Please contact her directly to make an appointment.
- Chronic fatigue
There is more to solving your problem than performing an allergy test.
We listen: How did that rash or runny nose or wheeze start? What makes it better or worse? What treatments have you been offered or tried? What impact did they have? Did they work?
We examine: An itchy eczematous rash may be linked to your nasal congestion. Your child’s asthma may be triggered by that ‘head cold’ she gets every month.
We use fibreoptic video endoscopy: Our doctors examine the inside of nose and sinuses where indicated.
We test: Our doctors use skin prick allergy testing to investigate a wide range of airborne and food allergens. Blood tests or Patch Tests are arranged if required.
We explain: Over and above telling you what you are or are not allergic to we try to help you understand the link between the test result and your problem. This is of particular importance when nothing shows on testing. Not every rash, runny nose, sinus pain or cough is due to allergy.
We treat: Our doctors will tailor a specific treatment plan based on your symptoms, allergy test results and examination findings. This will include treatments to relieve your acute symptoms and also a long term management plan if required. You may be a candidate for additional treatment options such as Immunotherapy and Rhinolight:
- Immunotherapy involves desensitisation treatment for Grass Pollen, Tree Pollen or House Dust Mite.
- Rhinolight endonasal phototherapy is a very effective treatment for nasal allergies.
Information handouts: To help you recall the most important points we provide information booklets.
Please note: A negative allergy test is just as important as a positive one. A negative result allows the treating doctor to choose an appropriate management course for your condition.