Allergy Ireland: Specialist Allergy Testing, Consultation and Treatment Clinic
Allergy services at Slievemore Clinic began as a part-time clinic in 1984. Almost 40 years later, Allergy Ireland has evolved into the most highly specialised and resourced allergy clinic in Ireland.
Our doctors use advanced fibreoptic video endoscopy and comprehensive allergy testing in combination with effective and proven treatment plans. We also have advanced anti-allergy treatment options such as Rhinolight and Immunotherapy.
We specialise in treating hay fever and other nose and sinus allergies, food allergy, urticaria, contact dermatitis, eczema and asthma.
Allergy Ireland's medical staff are frequently invited to speak at medical conferences and regularly contribute to publications such as the Irish Medical Times, the Medical Independent and Update clinical journal. We are regularly interviewed by the radio, television and print media.
- Skin Prick Allergy Testing: This is the gold standard in clinical allergy testing. We test for a wide range of inhalant allergens and food allergens.
- Patch testing: This is used specifically to find the trigger in a condition called Contact Dermatitis.
- Our doctors used advanced fibreoptic video endoscopy to assess the nose and sinuses.
- Allergy Testing is immediately followed by a long consultation with one of our expert doctors who will tailor a management plan.
- Our Doctors specialise in treating:
- Our Doctors use detailed, effective and proven treatment plans. We also have additional treatment options such as Rhinolight and Immunotherapy.
- Rhinolight endonasal phototherapy: Rhinolight is highly effective in treating the vast majority of cases of Allergic Rhinitis. It uses a part of the visible light spectrum and a specific safe range of UV light to reverse the allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa & turbinates. Phototherapy is also commonly used in hospital settings to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Allergen Desensitisation Immunotherapy has emerged as an additional effective and safe medical treatment against dust and pollen allergies. It is considered like vaccinating yourself against your allergy and involves taking a tiny dose of allergen daily for a period of time to provide lifelong protection.
- You do not need a referral to make an appointment.
- Anti-histamine medications must be ceased at least 5 days prior to allergy testing.
- We can accommodate two patients from the same family on the same day but this must be booked in advance so that additional time is allocated.
- Blood tests are sometimes used in conjunction with skin prick allergy testing when life threatening food allergy is identified.