Specialist Allergy Testing, Allergy Doctor Consultation & Allergy Treatment
Allergy Ireland began as a part time clinic in Slievemore Clinic, Dublin in 1984. Almost 40 years later, Allergy Ireland has evolved into the most highly specialised and resourced allergy clinic in Ireland. We specialise in treating hay fever and nasal allergies, chronic sinusitis, asthma, food allergy and anaphylaxis, urticaria, contact dermatitis and eczema.
Our doctors carry out fibreoptic endoscopic inspection of the nasal cavity and comprehensive allergy testing in combination with effective and proven treatment plans. We also provide additional allergy treatment options such as Rhinolight and Immunotherapy.
Allergy Ireland's medical staff are frequently invited to speak at medical conferences and regularly contribute to journals and medical publications such as the Irish Medical Times and the Medical Independent. We are regularly interviewed by the radio, television and print media.
Our Doctors specialise in treating:
- Nose and lung conditions such as Allergic Rhinitis (Hayfever), Non-Allergic Rhinitis, Chronic Sinusitis and Asthma.
- Skin conditions such as Eczema, Contact Dermatitis, Urticaria (hives) and Angioedema.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis.
- Allergy Testing at Allergy Ireland's clinic in Dublin involves a long consultation with one of our allergy doctors for interpretation and management.
- Our doctors use fibreoptic video endoscopy to examine the nasal passages where appropriate.
- Skin Prick Allergy Testing: This is the primary method of clinical allergy testing. We test for a very wide range of inhalant allergens and food allergens.
- Patch testing: This is used specifically to find the trigger in a condition called Contact Dermatitis.
- IgE Specific Blood tests are sometimes used in conjunction with skin prick allergy testing when life threatening food allergy is identified.
- Our Doctors use detailed and effective medical treatment plans.
- We also have additional treatment options:
- Rhinolight endonasal phototherapy: Rhinolight uses a specific narrow range of UV light to reverse allergic and non allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa. It is highly effective in treating the vast majority of cases of Allergic Rhinitis.
- Allergen Desensitisation Immunotherapy: This is a proven and effective treatment option for house dust mite and pollen allergies. It involves taking a tiny daily dose of the culprit allergen to generate immune tolerance. It is very safe and can even be continued during pregnancy.
- Anti-histamine medications (tablets, eye drops and nose sprays) must be ceased at least 5 days prior to allergy testing.
- We can accommodate two patients from the same family on the same day but this must be booked in advance so that additional time is allocated.
- Allergy Ireland is located at Slievemore Clinic, Stillorgan, County Dublin. Please contact us to arrange an appointment.